Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Catching Up
Sorry guys, I even did this one on the computer and it still won't do line breaks. Grr.
So I'll try to get you all caught up on things here! William went to bed at 11 last night without doing a fake out and getting up half an hour later (yay! progress!) and actually slept until 7:30. Then he went back down for a 'nap' at 8 and is still asleep (it's 11 now) so I've had a very nice relaxing morning here. Got caught up on my sleep deficit for starters!
William has been his usual adorable self, charming all the ladies he meets... He's fantastic in the mornings. Definitely a morning person all smiles and giggles- unless like today he decides to sleep in. In the afternoons he starts to get antsy and I usually try to go somewhere with him. He likes seeing new things, being around people, and just moving around in general. Usually it's out with friends either shopping or to lunch, or out for a walk on the trail system behind the house. Last week we went three and a half miles. I just about died on the way back. Urgh. We did get out another day and hit Once upon a child for some bigger clothes for Peanut though- including a cute little polo onesie with an American flag on it for the 4th. We also spent an afternoon out with my VTer in downtown Silver Spring. I'd never been down there before, and it was fun! It's a great little walking district with shopping and restaurants, and they've even got a big fountain for kids to play in. William's going to love it when he gets older.
Last weekend was pretty rough though. I caught a really nasty cold and was out of it Thursday night to Sunday. Seth had to take sick leave and come home for me on Friday when I started not being able to keep anything down. Luckly William escaped the plague, but Seth got a light version of it on Sunday, so real fun times around here.
Then this past Saturday I was finally going to get into DC and visit the Library of Congress to research that dress since we had a rare day of no other obligations and Seth could take the peanut aaaaand we walked out the door and locked ourselves out. Joy. So the trip got cancelled in favor of sitting outside on the porch enjoying the sunshine (luckily it wasn't too hot out)and waiting three hours for the locksmith to show up. By the time I could have made it into DC at that point, the library would have been closed.
The other big thing I've been doing is working on the past couple weeks is losing some of the extra poundage from the pregnancy and what I'd been gaining before that even. I'd really like to get down below 150 again. I wish I could get to the gym like AnnaMarie and Caroline do, but the YMCA is the only gym I've found here with babysitting and they cost $110 a month. I don't know, maybe that's normal for the Y, but it's really expensive. Gyms in general are really expensive and while we could budget that into our expenses if it became that important for us, I'd rather we didn't. So I'm trying to do this on my own now and it's working pretty well so far. I'm using the My Fitness Pal app to watch my diet and change how I eat. It certainly inspires me to cut down the munching during the day. I also got new running shoes! Yay! I'm going to try to start doing the 'couch to 5k' program when Seth comes home in the evenings. It starts you off slow with jogging and walking and works you up to be able to run a 5K over however many weeks the program is. So that should help get me in shape. But as it is, I've already shed about 8 pounds just watching what I eat. I would seriously love to be able to fit into my steampunk Eowyn costume again...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Way to go on the weight loss! That's awesome. Be careful running alone outside, though. Please never go in the dusk/dark.
Yeah, the Y is around $100 per month here, too, but with the income adjustment, it's only $53 for us. Of course, that'll change when Tyler earns more, so we'll have to see what we decide to do at that point.
Way to go Marianne!! Getting into/ back into shape is the hardest thing, but it gets easier everyday you go out. Spencer and I have started weightlifting these last couple weeks. It feels good to be building some strength... even if I can barely bench press the bar. gah. Keep it up and stick to your schedule!!
Thanks guys! I hit 160 on the scale this morning and when I started I was 170. Unfortunately e Y doesn't really adjust for income here unless you make like 50K or less. And even then it'd still be around $80 a month.
Post a Comment