Friday, April 20, 2012

Shoes!



So William, Mr. Parrot, and I have been busy the past few days. The leather paint and things arrived for my shoes! So we've spent the past couple days working on them and I'm really happy with how they turned out.



First I had to strip the finish off the leather. It smelled like nail polish and William wasn't thrilled that he had to sit in the other room while I worked. Happily with a window open, the fumes weren't bad at all and the smell cleared up within 5 minutes or so of finishing.



Then came the painting!



It took 5 or 6 layers to really make it a nice solid color without any visible streaks or paintbrushes, and waiting for the layers to dry was really what took the most time.



But we let the last layer dry overnight and put the matte gloss finish over top it this morning! TaDa! A beautiful, bold, blueberry blue. :) The fabric they're sitting on is going to be the main fabric of the dress.



And I aaaalmost caught William grinning! The camera just wasn't fast enough on the shutter to catch it!

2 comments:

Jody and Alex said...

He is such a good mix of you and seth. Nice work on the shoes!

AnnaMarie said...

Oh, I love those pictures of William. More of those, less of the shoes. Just kidding. Good job on painting them blue. They're very blue.