Of course I did throw together my rockin' Turkish Harem inspired steampunk outfit in a week and a half for Balticon.
But that's really more inspired by history than actually historically correct.
So I'm starting a new little project for myself. I want to put together costumes for most of the major time periods that Costumers pull from so that whenever an event comes up, I've got something suitable in my closet already. This project will probably take several years, but over the next year as I get ready for Dress U I'll be getting several contributions to it made.
Medieval- Got that! I've got a very comfy 'gates of hell' dress for the Ren Faire every year.
Renaissance - Crossdressing, but I've got my Plunderhosen!
Mid 18th Century - A Piemontaise. Sadly only popular for a short period of time, but I found a pattern made from an surviving example.
Since that's a bit formal, I'm also going to throw together one or both of these too for daywear. I do love this period of dress.
Victorian - Nothing specifically planned for a historical Victorian outfit yet since the steampunk Turkish is contemporary.
Edwardian - About as late as I'm willing to go. I rather like this dress though it could probably use less train.
2 comments:
You are amazing.
Cool things ... you're a good sewer. Sewer. No, not a sewer. A sewer. You know what I mean. Seamstress.
ahahahahaha
Post a Comment