Monday, May 26, 2008

Balticon Pictures

Digging through Flickr brought up a couple pictures so far from one person. I'm sure more will be up tomorrow and throughout the week. But here we go to start off!



Here's Ricky Dick's costume. He was the one right in front of me and won the Master Workmanship award. The picture looks awesome and even it doesn't do it justice. You can't even see any of the little beading details.



And here's the picture of the picture of the lady with the peacock dress that was right behind me in the masquerade.



I'm sure you recognize the Llama Emperor. ^^ Awesome fun costume.



Another costume whose pictures don't do it justice. All those little fish, seaweed, and other bits of detail were hand appliqued, beaded, embroidered, ribboned, whatevered. And I love that wig.



This Sleeping Beauty group took the overall Best in Show award and completely deserved it. I mean check out the fairy's costumes! And the Prince's. Alone they're award winning at a Master level. Together and with Aurora's dress... well, it's down right jaw dropping. Not only did she have that green dress there's also this:





The dress is incredible. It actually switches back and forth between pink and blue, and they can perform the switch so quickly and smoothly on stage that you couldn't tell how it was performed. A wave of a wand, perhaps? Heck, I got a close up look at how they did it later and still know if I could duplicate it yet. I can't wait to get a video of their masquerade entry to show you what I mean.

No comments: