Monday, March 3, 2008

A bit down lately

So Abbey-dabby got her depature dates for Japan! I'm so excited for her and slightly jealous. I want to go to Japan! I'd also like to go back to Belgium and get some real chocolate again. These past couple weeks I've been feeling a little down and Galler chocolate would probably perk me right up again. It would be nice to walk around Liege and see what sorts of things have changed, drive by my old school, pay my respects to the WWII monuments and cemetaries again, and definately go by that 24 hour fritterie in Bruxelles 0again.

But yeah, been feeling a bit bleh lately for some reason. Maybe it's just that the nice weather has brought bad the detestible pigeons on our balcony or the fact that one of my online writer friends of four or five years now is off at some closed-door school thing. Not sure what it is exactly, but he doesn't get online anymore and I don't get to read his writing. *sighs* Which has thrown my own muse off. I haven't written anything substantial in about a month now. Or maybe it's the fact that we haven't gotten together with my usual gaming group to play and I haven't even seen on of the guys, Ben, in several weeks. Is it really so hard to get four people to coordinate their schedules enough to get together once a week? Well, at least this past weekend we got to hang out at Alex's house, met one of his other friends, and all played the Paranoia Mandetory Bonus Fun card game together. It was fun! Maybe this other friend of Alex's (who for the life of me I can't remember his name. I'm so bad about that) will join our little group permanently and even if Ben isn't there we'd at least be able to play something.


Our apartment is currently in a mess (which doesn't help either) as we're rearranging things a bit in here right now. When we moved in, we'd put our library in the den. Now we got a new bookshelf that's taller than I am! and have put it in the living room. So the books are migrating from the den to the living room which is a huge project. I really don't think anyone in my family really understands just how many books we have now. It's a LOT. Then the couch that's in the den is going to be tossed out and the den is then going to become my sewing room. The dresser that's in there will possibly be moved to in front of half the sliding glass door to the poarch where my ironing board was, in order to make room for ironing board and sewing machine. Then the ginormous mirror we bought at an antique store in PA for $5 is going to be in the den and if there's still room, the cutting table will go in there as well. But that may be stretching it. IF it does fit, we'll finally be able to get a real dinner table in the breakfast nook instead of eating at the coffee table in the living room. Of what I would give for a house of my own with enough room for all our things!

Townhome prices down south of the mixing bowl have gone to $250,000 from $300,000, which is a good start. We're hoping they'll get lower and that we'll be able to afford something north of the mixing bowl. The mixing bowl is where 495, 95, and 395 all meet, and it's evil. Anyone who's read Good Omens knows that I'm not kidding on the evil part. ;) Not to mention the fact that by the time we save up enough for a down payment on a house in the current market conditions - Seth says 10%+ at the very lest. We're doing pretty good with saving, but we don't have $25,000 in the bank. (or even $20,000 if we're hoping prices'll drop to $200,000) We're going to need a couple more raises and several more more years of living in a small apartment I think. *sighs* Someday. Someday.

1 comment:

AnnaMarie said...

Hope you get back in your groove! For me, getting out of the house helps.